Yesterday I was at my computer working and Drew as normal was standing against my chair with his Binky in mouth. (He goes everywhere with that thing) Anyways, close to the chair is a wall that leads into our family room. As I'm working I am watching him out of the corner of my eye. All of a sudden he starts inching his way to the wall, as if he were inching across the couch, from one side to the other. However this time it was different, there was nothing to hold him up. I turned around as he finally made his way to the wall and applauded him! He then plays shy and puts his head on the floor. I pick him up and take him into the front room and do it again. He does it several times and I am beside myself watching this. It was so fun to watch and couldn't wait to show Gavin when he came home.
Gavin finally gets home from work and I stop him in the hall. I get Drew to show him what he has learned. Drew acts like a rag doll and refuses to walk. Ughh!!! It was tonight that Gavin finally got a glimpse. Once again Drew thinks Daddy isn't watching him and he does it. He goes from the love seat to me in the recliner walking sideways as if inching across furniture. He turns around to see Gavin watching him and of course Gavin praises him for walking all by himself. Gavin cracked up and now calls him the crab because he looks like a crab walking with his hands in the air sideways.
Drew has been such a joy in our family! I'll have to get pictures of "the crab".
No comments:
Post a Comment