Friday, December 31, 2010

The pregnancy Story of Baby Bean

So here's the story. Back in September I had some really bad cramping. We went to the ER to find out I had ovarian cysts. They gave me pain medications but those didn't seem to be working so my OB decided to go ahead and drain them. He explained to me the pros and cons and that there is a possibility that he would have to remove the ovary but didn't think that would happen. First question I asked when I was coherent was did they take the ovary? The answer was sadly yes. The Dr was afraid of cancer and wanted to be safe and check them out. OK so that is a scare within itself.

Two weeks later I am in excruciating pain from the surgery...so I thought, that I ended up in the ER several times until finally my OB admitted me to run several tests. They did everything from x-rays to scans with contrast. And of course an ultrasound. They even did a routine pregnancy test. NOTHING! I just was having a hard recovery so they said.

The following week My brother in law came to town. And of course we had ice cream to celebrate them coming. Well that night should have been a sign as the ice cream tasted weird. What the heck? The next night I am getting ready for bed and I'm just not feeling myself, so my friend Jody, who is living with us for a while, went and bought me a pregnancy test. Gavin laughed at me and said there was no way and that I was completely over reacting.

So I take the test. As the lines come up and I see it's positive, I was at a loss. How could this happen? I just had surgery? The Dr said it would take some time for my hormones to balance out? And the panicking started, after I threw threw the pregnancy test at Gavin. What are we going to do? We have SIX children already! Gavin is in school and my pregnancies are not a walk in the park.

So the next morning I went to my OB's office with NO appointment and made my way back. I was able to have a blood test and Samantha, my Dr's PA, saw me to go over everything. We talked about where I was at in this pregnancy and did an ultra sound. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This couldn't be happening. I thought for sure this was a mistake, until the ultra sound, and there it was....a little ball. Yes, this was really happening. We are really expecting!

I am now 16 weeks along and patiently waiting to hear what the verdict is on what this baby is. Will I finally get my girl? Or will we add another testosterone filled boy to this house?

We are overwhelmed and excited all together. So here we go again!

No comments: