I am now 35.5 weeks pregnant....yes, still pregnant. I contracted this weekend harder than I have ever contracted with any of my other kids while at home and no progression.(24 hours straight) They felt as strong as when I was about to have my epidural with my boys at a 7! I am now on my 3rd OB, as Dr. McKernan has retired because his health is prohibiting him to practice anymore. I think I've cried over that more than the pain of this pregnancy. So I switched to his newest partner Dr. Melissa Austin. When I met with her in the office I felt OK about everything. But when I was in L&D having contractions every three minutes, not progressing and in need of some type of reassurance from my Dr. She walks right past my room, stops turns around and continues to walk...knowing I am there. Then has the nurse come tell me she doesn't have time for me and she would see my in the office in the morning.....WRONG! So now I am on Dr. McKernan's original partner Dr. Folkstead who has been practicing with him for the last 19 years. Nice guy, but still not living up to my expectations. He talks a 100 words a minute and two days later I am still processing everything he said because it felt like a whirl wind of an appointment.
I also met with the general surgeon about my gallstones etc and he was more than happy to do the surgery right after I have the surgery so that it is all done at the same time. I will have baby and then have the gallbladder out.
I meet with the perinatologist on Tuesday of next week to decide about possibly inducing. I was told that I could go as early as 37 weeks but that would be up to them. I've been told a lot of things so who knows anymore.
My goal at this point in time is to trust that the Lord will bless us and that the baby will come when she is suppose to come. It has been very stressful as we worry about Gavin's classes, my mom being in town and leaving before this baby comes, having my gall bladder surgery and having strength to take care of my family. I just remind myself that the Lord has ALWAYS been mindful so why would he stop now. I guess you can say the Natural Man comes through instead of having the faith that I should.
No comments:
Post a Comment