My brother in law, Derek, and sister in law Jen, were in town for the weekend with all of their kids. (They have 5 and their youngest is 4 days younger than Ethan). We had a blast! Having 13 people in one house clears out a pantry quickly. So Jen and I went to the store.
I've been working hard on cutting coupons and matching them with sales. It's been quite the ordeal in our house. I cut the coupons and Zoe puts them in the binder. Our ultimate goal is to shop our pantry rather then by week by week. At that point we would like to only be spending $100 a month on groceries.
When we got to the check stand the total came to $79.00. Then I handed over the coupons. My total dropped to $55.00. The best part, I SAVED $88.00 after shopping the sales and matching them with coupons. Yes, I did what I thought was impossible! I so totally ROCK!!!
3 comments:
That is totally awesome Ashley! I wish I could be that disciplined. You go girl.
Oh, go to my blog, I tagged you!
I'm glad to see that we saved you money. I was feeling bad that we came hungry, but we left happy.
By the way, Jenn is spelled with two N's, I'd say it's not a big deal, but it's not my name. J/K
Post a Comment