Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not what I expected!

A couple of weeks ago a member of the bishopric asked to come over and visit with Gavin and I. We always know a calling awaits us when they call! After a few minutes of visiting, Roger asked how I would feel about serving in the primary presidency as Secretary. I didn't know what to say and thought, they must have called the wrong person, as I am so not cut out for this calling. But I willing took the calling as I know the Lord knows something I don't. I felt a sense of humility. He wouldn't tell us who the president was and said I had to wait until Sunday, so Gavin and I took bets. Boy were we both wrong. I couldn't ask to serve with a better group of sisters. They are amazing and I feels overwhelmed to be able to serve with them. I don't feel in any way shape or form adequate.

I am excited that I will have the opportunity to be in the primary with our kids. Now they have to be on their best behavior. And the kids have no excuse to not make it to their activities!

1 comment:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

GOod Luck. I know that you will be great. Not sure about kids acting better, but they do alright. Hayden kept coming up to me all the time at first, but he is getting better.