Sunday night we had our "Eight is Great" Fireside for the kids turning eight...which happens to include Austin and Jared. I had to go early as I needed to help set up. I took with me, Ethan, Jared and Zoe. It started at 7:00pm and Gavin had no excuse to be late as everyone was ready to go by 6:30 except Drew. So when 7:15 rolled around and there was no Gavin, I wasn't sure if I should panic, or be mad. I went out to the car and checked the cell phone and sure enough there were 3 missed calls. The last of which was at 7:02. I tried calling the house several times and no answer. Now I start to panic so I drive towards home. About 1/4 of the way home I see a man with a Snugglie on his chest riding a bike with a larger than average baby on board, a little boy riding a bike behind him and to follow a boy going as fast as he can on a scooter to keep up with the bikes. I flipped around and sure enough it was Gavin and the boys. Gavin asked me if I had his keys, as I am constantly loosing mine. I didn't and he then was relieved that he didn't have to give me the lecture that he had prepared for me on the way over.
I got Drew and Austin in the car and Gavin and Liam continued on bike. They were 20 minutes late, but they got there. The primary presidency handed out beautiful white towels with the letters CTR embroidered in a light blue to each of the children, along with a journal for each of the children to remember their baptism. We also served everything white....White sheet cake, white Jordan almonds, yogurt pretzels and yogurt raisins.
It was such an awesome experience and I am so excited that two of our boys are making the decision to be baptized. I am very proud of both of them!
Side note.....Gavin did find his keys....In his backpack for school. He had put them in a different pocket that he usually doesn't use. Serves him right :) I still love you honey!
2 comments:
What a funny sight that must have been! How sweet of him to try so hard to get everyone there =)
That is funny!
Post a Comment