Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Big Changes in our Home....

No, I am not pregnant. Heaven help us all! A couple weeks ago Gavin was approached by his Ex-wife about moving to South Carolina with the children. Any typical day Gavin would let her make her argument, thank her for sharing her thoughts and say absolutely NOT!

Well, she must have caught Gavin on a good day. OK so it wasn't quite like that. I had been up to Utah during that week. I needed a "break" from reality. As most of you know the situation in Arizona gets a little hotter than I would like it to be. I was able to spend some time with my family and some time at the temple. I love going to the temple because for a brief moment I am taken out of the hustle and bustle of the World and have complete peace. Anyways, to make a long story short it started to make Gavin and I think about what we wanted for our future. The next day the phone call came and it happened to align with some of the plans that we were thinking. It was crazy but it all made sense. Gavin was torn because he as the Father, wants what is best for his kids. So after a lot of soul searching, and spending his own time in the temple came to the realization that the kids would be OK whether they stayed or went.

Now that's after the negotiating of course. And that came today. We couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I am hoping that this will strengthen my relationship with Andrea for the sake of the children. There is nothing I've wanted more than just that from day one. Unfortunately it takes us living in two different states to make that happen.

Anyways, I have a feeling my house will be staying a little cleaner and I will have to buy less clothes! Holy Cow, clothing SIX kids gets expensive! With that being said, my heart is filled with sadness as I think about how much I am going to miss those three little munchkins!

So here's the plan....Gavin is going to "try" to transfer to BYU. We will live with my awesome parents for the remaining two years and then our ultimate goal is to move back to the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS! I miss it so very much, Gavin loves it and we would be close to his family as his brother and sister both live in Houston. And if we go that would seal the deal for Gavin's parents and they would head that way also.

Cross your fingers folks! We have a bumpy road ahead of us!

6 comments:

Grandma Kathy said...

I have to admit my first thought was I thought maybe you were pregnant again. :) But this definitely will be a BIG change for your family! How are all the kids taking the news? I bet you and Gavin will miss them like crazy! Hope everything works out well for all of you. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care....

Love, Kathy

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Good luck Ashley! I can't even imagine having to deal with that situation. It will be a big adjustment for sure for everyone. Hope that everything works out.

Cameron Family said...

Wow. Big changes. Are you guys headed to Utah then or are you going to stay in Arizona? Whatever happens, I wish the very best for your family. We are going to miss those kids in Primary too!

Gavin and Ashley Curtis said...

Gavin is applying to transfer to BYU, but ultimately we would like to move to Texas where I am from.

mary said...

Wow! Good luck, this brings big changes for sure! I hope everything goes well for your family :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Thats pretty big news. Congratulations. :) Let me know what your final plans are and the time frame...we still need to go see another movie together!!! Love you lots! - kelli