When I got pregnant with Drew the decision was made that if it was a boy, he chose, if it was a girl, I chose. Gavin won. Andrew George (Andrew being Gavin's middle name and George being my grandfather) Then came Ethan. Since Gavin got Drew I get to pick Ethan. Thinking that he would be a girl, boy names weren't even on the radar. So when we found out about having another little boy I was at a loss. So we went to the kids. Zoe loved the name Ethan and the boys wanted Max. One of Gavin's favorite general authorities is Neil a Maxwell. (we like our names to have meaning or after a family member) So came Ethan Maxwell.
OK, back to the original reason for this post. So all we have thought about is girl names. Originally I always thought I would have a little Abigail Elizabeth. Then we both liked the name Avery. And then one day Gavin came to me and said he really liked the name Ainsley. REALLY? What a coincidence...so do I! Well that made it easy, so we thought. But then came the middle name. My mother's middle name and Father in Laws middle name is Lynn. My dear, dear friends name is Lynda whom I love and adore. So Lynn seemed like an obvious choice. But then Gavin mentioned Grace. Hmmmm.......what to do????? So after long hard deliberation we decided we loved Ainsley Grace. When we tell our family we get mixed reaction. The kids (Ok, Zoe and Jared) have had a fit over Ainsley and we've been told it's just too different. WHAT THE HECK! Seriously people.... I don't complain about your name or what you name YOUR children, so why is this such a controversial issue on what I name mine? So what to do. Plus this is the child's name the rest of it's life. Are we making the right decision? Should I be second guessing myself? So this baby will remain nameless until she joins us out of my tummy in a few more months! Thoughts.....anyone?
3 comments:
A few people thought we shouldn't name Akoy, well Akoy. It didn't really sound like a white guy name. But since we really liked Akoy and it meant Gregory from Bryson's mission, we did it anyways! We like Grace, and will use that for a middle name for our first girl! :) We wouldn't have it any other way! I like Ainsley, I think you should go with whatever you want!
I love Ainsley!!! when we named our sweet little girl that we loved it, but we just spelled it Ainslee!! I still love that name!!!!
I have a niece named Ainsely. I will admit that at first I thought the name was really unusual, but now that Ainsely is almost 3 I can't imagine her with any other name. It is beautiful, sweet, unique, and special just like our sweet niece!
Post a Comment