Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm actually NOT crazy!

I am beside myself with excitement, not with what I am typing, but after MONTHS of what I thought were contraction, migraines and a uterus that for sure hated me....we finally have some resolve!

So as most of my family and friends know, this pregnancy for sure has NOT been my cup of tea. I have been in so much pain. I've been told things such as, oh well you're not really contracting, to this is what I went through with my last and so we need to be super precautionary and pump you full of hormones, to your muscles are stretching so get over it, to it was all in my head. Seriously? Would you like to feel the pain that I have been in?

Two weeks ago we decided to get off any and all medications that were stopping or suppose to be stopping contractions, etc. BEST decision I have made the pregnancy. I'm in control of my body, when I contract it's on my terms not when is my next dose of whatever. So things were looking up. Except of course the pain never magically went away.

Sunday night I am laying in bed and all of a sudden I felt like I was having a heart attack. My upper abdomen had been hurting (nothing new of course) and so I could not figure out what the heck? I took everything you could for heart burn. 4 hours later, I laid down took my sleeping pill and just went to sleep hoping that in the morning it would gone! And it was! I slept great. And within a couple hours my abdomen would start to hurt again. Love the vicious cycle.....NOT.

Now on to yesterday....I get a migraine at around 2. I took all the usual with a couple extras in there and NOTHING would kick this thing. So by 10pm I am surrendered to going in. My nurse asks me my symptoms of course and she looks at me and tells me about an experience she had when she was pregnant that sounded an awful like what I was experiencing. A quick call to the Dr and the approval was given. They would do an ultra sound of the baby and my gallbladder and do lab work. So a couple hours later, I get to see my beautiful baby girl! (YES, she's still a girl because I made them check) Everything with the gallbladder looked normal to me, Heck I don't know what an abnormal gallbladder looks like! A few minutes later my nurse comes in and asks me what I think about having gallstones? WHAT?????? SERIOUSLY!!!!!! This is what has been causing my pain for how many months now and they are NOW catching this? I'm actually not too mad, because the fact of the matter is.....they caught it!

So game plan time. I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. I have my second and last steroid series shots to help baby bean develop her lungs. I am going to do my very best to have minimal pain, (with the assistants of modern medicine) so that I can make it a little longer. We are in a safe zone with the baby by 34 weeks, so we may be having little nameless baby in 2-3 weeks at which that time I will turn around and have my gallbladder removed. No more pain for ME.....And I get a cute baby girl! Win Win for EVERYONE!

5 comments:

Laura said...

So glad it's nothing more serious! Even though, gall stones are no picnic. Glad they finally found what is going on. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Rebecca said...

That is great news. I am so glad that you can see an end to your pain. I hope it isn't unbearable over the next two weeks!

Stephanie said...

The good news is, you know what is causing the pain. The other good news is you can get it taken out. The next good news is, you will have a baby girl (even if she is nameless) but the gall bladder thing, yeah...takes some getting used to. Don't be surprised when rich foods set your stomach off. It is a change and I am SO glad they figured it out! Happy news!

mary said...

So glad they finally figured out what is wrong! I'm so sorry you have been in so much pain. I can't wait to see your little girl :) Good Luck!!!

Grandma Kathy said...

So...So Happy they finally figured out what was causing your pain! It won't be long now and your cute little bundle of joy will be with her family. I can't wait to see pictures! Wishing you and Gavin the very best always...

It was so nice getting a chance to talk to you today! xxoo