Today was the first day that the young men in our ward have brought the sacrament to me. For those of my friends who are not familiar, this is something we do every Sunday in remembrance of the baptismal covenants we have made. For me it helps me to remember, through out the week, what kind of person I should be. (Not just a grumpy pregnant one right now.) It's a very simple act of bread and water, but one that I can't live with out! It's been months since I have been able to actually go to church as my typical outing have been to Labor and Delivery or My OB. But today it was special. We have amazing young men in our ward. I could feel their spirits as they blessed and past me the sacrament. Not only that, but I felt the spirit in a way I've been longing to feel for a long time. I think sometimes I become stagnant or complaisant in my life and take for granted the little things that are so important to me. One being simple covenants that renew every week. How thankful I am to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. For an amazing family that wants me to be more like our Savior. And for a husband who is so patient and kind. As hard as this pregnancy has been it has also been very humbling as I think of the the atonement. This is merely a short experience in mortality that is a stepping stone to the ultimate gift of eternal life with our Heavenly Father.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Tender Mercies of the Lord
Today was the first day that the young men in our ward have brought the sacrament to me. For those of my friends who are not familiar, this is something we do every Sunday in remembrance of the baptismal covenants we have made. For me it helps me to remember, through out the week, what kind of person I should be. (Not just a grumpy pregnant one right now.) It's a very simple act of bread and water, but one that I can't live with out! It's been months since I have been able to actually go to church as my typical outing have been to Labor and Delivery or My OB. But today it was special. We have amazing young men in our ward. I could feel their spirits as they blessed and past me the sacrament. Not only that, but I felt the spirit in a way I've been longing to feel for a long time. I think sometimes I become stagnant or complaisant in my life and take for granted the little things that are so important to me. One being simple covenants that renew every week. How thankful I am to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. For an amazing family that wants me to be more like our Savior. And for a husband who is so patient and kind. As hard as this pregnancy has been it has also been very humbling as I think of the the atonement. This is merely a short experience in mortality that is a stepping stone to the ultimate gift of eternal life with our Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment